Community Involvement: APC Our dedication to charities and community involvement
Hole in the Wall Gang Camp
In 1988, renowned film star and philanthropist Paul Newman established the Hole in the Wall Gang Camp in Connecticut for children dealing with serious and life-threatening illnesses to have a special hideout where they could simply be kids. The Hole in the Wall offers summer, fall, and winter programs to children and their families free of charge, and the camp is fully funded by donations from over 15,000 individuals and organizations yearly.
APC is a proud supporter of the Hole in the Wall Gang and their mission to provide “a different kind of healing” for sick children and their families. We are also a host of the Big Apple Circus, a major fundraising sponsor for the camp, which has grown to provide over $1.2 million annually through donations from our suppliers, friends, and families. Click below to learn more about the Hole in the Wall Gang Camp, the Big Apple Bash, and how to donate.
At American Packaging Corporation (APC), we are pleased to be actively involved in our local communities, and we also support a range of national and international charitable organizations. As one of the top manufacturers of custom-branded flexible packaging products in North America, we believe that it is our responsibility to give back as much as possible to the local and regional communities that support us and each our valued team members. On this page, you will find more information about our various community involvement and charitable endeavors.
Local Community Involvement
Below are just a few examples of APC’s many community involvement efforts:
- On-site Red Cross Blood drives
- Participation in and sponsoring of city parades
- Financial support of local volunteer fire departments & first responders
- Participation in Adopt-a-Highway cleanup
- Financial support of many local school activities
- Compeer of Rochester, New York
APC and our employee’s regularly donates over $500,000 annually to various local and national charitable organizations. These contributions include:
- Donations to the United Way
- Money and gifts to the Ronald McDonald House
- Participation in the Salvation Army Angel Program
- Sponsorship and Volunteering as counselors at Paul Newman’s Hole in the Wall Camp for children
- Donations to Iowa Lutheran Services, Beloit Campus
- Support of NICC Foundation
- Participation in annual food drives for local food banks
- Financial support of a new emergency room at local hospital
- Providing an annual high school scholarship